High-Quality Butterfly Dampers
Kelair’s Butterfly dampers were developed in response to our customers’ desire for an economical industrial damper that could be used in most applications.
Appropriate for flow control and low leakage in systems that regulate clean air, gas, or light particulate, Kelair’s Butterfly dampers can also be engineered to process highly corrosive, abrasive, or high heat air flows.
These types of dampers can be a cost-effective means to control and isolate air duct systems. Kelair’s Butterfly dampers are applicable for open-closed service or flow control balancing. Discover the variety of industrial-grade damper products available at Kelair.
*Operational testing and calibrating are completed at the factory before installation.
Product Specifications & Features
- Sizes: 6″ to 144″
- Process Temperature: up to 2200° F
- Configurations: round, square, & rectangular
- Construction: S.S. or painted C.S. (others available upon request)
- Shutoff: up to 99%
- Seal Options: tad pole, metal seat, swing-thru; control & balancing
- Actuation: manual, electric, pneumatic (spring return and failsafe available)
- Modulation: open/closed or modulating
- Pressure: up to 1-PSI & 4000 FPM process air (higher available upon request)
- Ball bearings and shaft packing glands standard up to 400°F
Commonly Asked Questions About Butterfly Dampers
- What types of seals are used on a butterfly damper?
The most common types of seals used within butterfly dampers include tadpole seals (which provide better compression; ideal for uneven services) and metal seats.
- How are shafts used on butterfly dampers?
The butterfly damper's shaft plays a large part in its operation, as it intersects the linkage, bearing, packing, and blade. When inspecting the shaft, make sure to check that it is straight and operating smoothly.
- What does proper care look like for the butterfly damper blades?
Depending on the damper's environment, process, and age, blades can warp or bend over time. Proper care involves regularly checking the blade to ensure there is no warping or twisting, or buildup of debris that could prevent the blade from performing correctly.
- Do butterfly dampers require any maintenance?
Although Kelair dampers require minimal maintenance, there are aftermarket parts of the butterfly damper that should be kept in stock and checked regularly.