- What is the minimum information I need to get a quote on a damper?
For the most accurate quote please provide the following information:
- Type or style of damper. For example: butterfly, louver, Tee, diverter, etc.
- Preferred material, such as stainless steel, carbon steel, other
- Pressure requirement
- Temperature the damper will be exposed to
- Air flow amount
- Manual, pneumatic or electric actuation/positioner required
- Amount of shut off needed ( usually in %)
- What is the warranty on a Kelair Damper?
Standard warranty on a Kelair damper covers replacement of defective equipment, excluding labor, for 1 year from installation or 18 months from ship date from Kelair, whichever comes first.
- What are the benefits of a butterfly damper?
Compact design, most economical, no exterior linkage, higher shutoff rates and butterfly dampers remain consistent along temperature swings.
- What are the benefits of a louver damper?
Compact interior vane design (open vanes do not extend into adjoining duct as much as butterfly dampers). Best suited for modulation flow control with opposed vanes.
- Does Kelair manufacture galvanized or aluminum dampers?
These types of materials are more commonly used in HVAC applications. Kelair manufactures stainless steel and carbon steel industrial dampers.
- Does Kelair manufacture zero leak dampers?
The maximum shutoff we provide is 99% at 5" WC. Contact us to determine if you must have 100% shut off.
- Can we supply our own Actuator?
Yes, Kelair can supply an operator mount and coupling for customer supplied actuator.
- What are your standard lead times?
Standard lead times are 4-5 weeks after approved prints.
3-4 weeks with expediting
2-3 weeks without actuators
- Is expediting an option?
Yes, with actuators 3-4 weeks
Without actuators 2-3 weeks
- Can you custom design a damper for me?
Yes, please email us at: email@example.com or phone us: 800.369.1070