A pre-assembled Diverter or Tee Damper has many advantages
If your application requires process air or gas diversion, consider the advantages of a completely pre-assembled diverter damper.
- Factory pre-assembly means a simplified and cost effective field installation. Operational testing and calibrations are completed at the factory prior to installation.
- The use of one actuator with a slave linkage saves cost and assures simultaneous operation of both dampers in the tee assembly.
- Spring assisted actuators can be used to provide a predetermined fail position of the damper vanes. Proof of open/closed auxiliary limit switches can also be provided.
There are many styles and custom combinations available to meet your application requirements. Several common styles are shown below. Please contact us if you are interested in any other style or variation not shown.
Product Features & Specifications
- Sizes from 10″ to 48″
- Process temperatures up to 1800 degrees F
- Round, Square or rectangular configurations
- Stainless steel or painted carbon steel construction
- Shutoff Options:
- 99% (tadpole seals)
- 97% (metal seat)
- 90% (swing-thru; control & balancing)
- Ball bearings standard up to 400 degrees F
- Carbon sleeve bearings standard over 400 degrees F
- Shaft packing glands standard
- Actuation options: electric, pneumatic, manual with spring return and failsafe available
- Standard designs to 1 PSI & 4000 FPM process air with higher available
Other Dampers from Kelair Products
Butterfly dampers have the simplest design and the fastest turnaround. They are the economical choice for applications ranging from light duty to heavy duty and low temperature to high temperature.
Kelair's Louver Dampers are applicable for light duty industrial ventilation to heavy duty, high volume flow control and isolation applications. Parallel or opposed blade, outboard bearings and linkage, adjustable packing glands and double skin airfoil vanes are all standard on louver dampers from Kelair.
Slide Gate / Guillotine Dampers
These types of slide gate or gullotine dampers are used primarily as shut off devices. Kelair's rugged, heavy duty designs are available round or square with sizes from 4" up to 96" making them an ideal solution for industrial applications.
Diverters & Tee Dampers
Diverter Dampers also called Tee Dampers are used to redirect air stream (hot gas or otherwise) from one outlet to another. These types of dampers are widely used in incineration systems to divert process air and gas to the incinerator or by-pass to the atmosphere.
Kelair’s Refractory dampers are manufactured to withstand temperatures up to 1900 F in corrosive, particulate and/or process gas environments. Refractory dampers from Kelair help reduce heat loss to surroundings and provide erosion protection for the frame.
Inlet Vane Dampers
Inlet Vane Dampers work with fans and blowers to enhance their performance by controlling air volume and fan shut-off. They can be mounted to the fan inlet to conserve power at reduced airflow. These types of dampers reduce fan pressure without reducing speed. Kelair’s design boasts no external linkage, eliminating pinch points and damage to the assembly.
Kelair’s Backdraft dampers are engineered to allow airflow in one direction and prevent reverse airflow. They are typically wall or roof mounted and applied to mechanical HVAC ventilation systems. Backdraft dampers control airflow in ventilation systems either to modulate or to shut off moving air through a fan opening when it is turned off. Backdraft dampers can utilize pneumatic or electric actuators or be gravity controlled.
Stack Cap Dampers
Stack Cap Dampers or Stack Isolation Dampers both isolate the stack opening to prevent foreign material from entering when not in use and conserve warmth when the stack is shut down or during maintenance. Kelair’s Stack Cap dampers deliver accurate air flow and isolation at high temperatures and high volumes, reducing the stack effect when offline thereby protecting ductwork from the elements.